Marissa DuBois in Slow Motion Full Fashion Week 2023, Fashion Channel Vlog,

Friday, June 17, 2016

Mayor of Windsor & Maidenhead

The Conservative councillor for Sunningdale said the role was a ‘great honour’ and thanked Cllr Eileen Quick for her support and kind words.
Cllr Luxton, who has served on the council since 2007, was born in Goa and moved to Sunningdale with her husband Ian in 2000.
She was nominated by Cllr Quick which was seconded by Cllr Richard Kellaway (Con, Cookham).
She said: “It’s a great honour and I never thought I would hold such a high office in the Royal Borough.
“The mayor was not designed for my stature, I mean look at me!
“I would like to thank Cllr Yong (Lynda Yong, councillor for Sunningdale and South Ascot) for introducing me to the world of politics which has given me the chance to grow.
“I will be working on a special project in Her Majesty’s honour and further details will be released soon.”
Cllr Luxton’s chosen charity will be The Household Cavalry.
She also actively supports the War Horse Memorial which will be erected in Ascot, and will commemorate the one million horses that lost their lives during the First World War.
Speaking at the mayor-making, Cllr Kellaway said: “She has a passion for shopping and together with her sisters I’m sure they can help to solve the world’s economic crisis.”
Cllr John Lenton also said it was a ‘great honour’ to become deputy mayor.
The Horton and Wraysbury Conservative councillor, who also held the position in 2014, was commemorated for his work as chairman of the Royal Country of Berkshire Pension Fund. He and his wife Margaret will support voluntary organisations in the borough.

No comments:

Post a Comment