Marissa DuBois in Slow Motion Full Fashion Week 2023, Fashion Channel Vlog,

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Mayor of Thurrock

The new Mayor of Thurrock is Cllr Steve Liddiard – and deputy mayor will be Cllr Sue Gray.

Cllr Liddiard was elected at Wednesday (11 June) evening’s annual council meeting after the former deputy mayor Wendy Curtis had lost her seat in May’s local elections.

Cllr Liddiard said: “It’s wonderful to be here.

“It's a great honour to be made mayor and a double honour to be mayor of historic Thurrock.

“I feel excited and elated, proud to be here in front of friends and family, but humble as well.”

He added: “I know I am here to promote and support Thurrock Council as mayor and to serve its people – there’s an expectation that I will do as well as the outgoing mayor, Cllr Tony Fish but he's a hard act to follow.”

Cllr Liddiard said he felt “sad that Wendy Curtis did not get her just rewards” and added: “My themes for this coming year are community harmony, integration and respect. I shall continue to support sport and activity so residents may live a long and happy life.

“I promise to do my best, to be the best; someone that others can use as an example of what is good about government, politics and councils.”

Cllr Liddiard said his mayoress would be Patricia Forrester and his mayoral charity would be the Thurrock Community Chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment