Marissa DuBois in Slow Motion Full Fashion Week 2023, Fashion Channel Vlog,

Monday, June 13, 2016

Mayor of Pembrokeshire

Saturday May 7th. 2016 will go down as one of the proudest days of my life, because on that day my fellow councillors elected me as the 637th. Mayor of Pembroke. It was memorable because I was able to share the day with family, friends and invited guests.

I am very much a traditionalist and therefore the inauguration ceremony and the subsequent luncheon in the Town Hall upheld the traditions and protocol of Pembroke Town Council’s mayor making procedure.

I will certainly treasure the day, but now the hard work must start.

As Mayor of Pembroke for the ensuing year, 2016 – 2017 my vision for the future must centre on the residents of the town and how the Town Council can improve amenities in the town against an ever decreasing financial situation.

My desire for the future is to make Pembroke a better and a safer place in which to live and work and during my year in office I will strive to make that possible.

I would also like to carry on the work already started in providing the young people of Pembroke with a purpose and a desire to be part of the community.

Those young people in the town carry the future of the town, so it is essential that we engage with them and give them a voice so that we can understand their needs and requirements in an ever changing environment.

I would like to encourage the residents to take a more active part in the politics of the town, learn more about how the council functions, how their council tax is allocated, attend council meetings and above all hold their councillors to account.

As a Council we must also think of the continuing re-generation of the town. Over the last few years we have made significant progress but that progress must be maintained if we want Pembroke to feature as a vibrant tourist location. As Chair of the Re-generation & Enhancement committee I will work hard in order to achieve that goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment