Marissa DuBois in Slow Motion Full Fashion Week 2023, Fashion Channel Vlog,

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Mayor of Newcastle-under-Lyme

I was born in Kidsgrove where I lived for 13 years attending Kidsgrove County Primary and Brownhills Comprehensive Schools.

After leaving school in 1961 I gained employment as a tracer in a drawing office at Cowlishaw and Walker in Biddulph where I met my first husband, who I married in 1966.

I later worked at English Electric in Kidsgrove as a permatracer only leaving when my daughters were born.

Sometime later I returned to work at Cowlishaw and Walker where I met  Trevor whom I later married and had another daughter. Trevor and I live in Bradwell.

As it was not considered acceptable to work in the same office as a relative I sought and was successful in gaining employment with Newcastle Borough Council working in the Planning department.

As an active trade unionist I became a member of the Labour Group in Newcastle and, in 1997, was elected as a county councillor to represent the Seabridge and Thistleberry Ward.

In 2001 I moved on and was elected as County Councillor for the Bradwell and Porthill Ward.

In 2003, I was also successful in being elected to represent the Bradwell Ward on the Borough Council.

I served as a governor at Wolstanton High School for a total of 23 years, the last few as Chair, and have also represented the Borough Council on a number of  bodies including Aspire Housing. I am presently a Trustee of the North Staffordshire Adventure Playground.

As indicated above I have three very special daughters and three wonderful grandchildren.

Having a genuine interest in people I always try to do for the very best for the residents of the Borough with special attention to those who live in the area that I represent.

As Mayor I will do my best to build upon the good work laid down by my predecessors and promote our Borough at every opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment