Marissa DuBois in Slow Motion Full Fashion Week 2023, Fashion Channel Vlog,

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Christina Aguilera Releases New Song to Benefit Victims of the Orlando Mass Shooting

Christina Aguilera dedicated her new song "Change" to the victims of the
Orlando shooting. The singer also unveiled the lyric video for the track, an empowering song about self-identity and acceptance.
"The horrific tragedy that occurred in Orlando continues to weigh heavily on my mind. I am sending so much love and so many prayers to the victims and their families," Aguilera wrote on her website. "Like so many, I want to help be part of the change this world needs to make it a beautiful inclusive place where humanity can love each other freely and passionately."

"Stand tall, be proud and lift your voices/ Let 'em know who we are and our choices/ And one day we won't have to sing this chorus," Aguilera sings on the track, which she co-wrote with Fancy Hagood and Flo Reutter. "Waiting on a change to set us free/ Waiting for the day that you can be you and I can be me."

“I am sending so much love and so many prayers to the victims and their families. Like so many, I want to help be part of the change this world needs to make it a beautiful inclusive place where humanity can love each other freely and passionately.”

The song is called "Change," and Aguilera co-wrote it with Who Is Fancy. "Waiting for a change to set us free/Waiting for the day you can be you and I can be me/Waiting for hope to come around/Waiting for the day when hate is lost and love is found," state the lyrics, a clear call to recognizing the need for more acceptance of diversity.

No comments:

Post a Comment