Marissa DuBois in Slow Motion Full Fashion Week 2023, Fashion Channel Vlog,

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Mayor of Powys

Rina Clarke
Elected

Telephone: 01686670539
Email: rina.clarke@newtown.org.uk
Ward: East 
Party Affiliation: Labour
Office: 
Committee: Economy and Environment Comm
I moved to Newtown over 25 years ago to establish our family business Zest Foods in the town. Married to Tim, we have 4 children who were all educated in local schools. I am a teacher by profession and became Head of a primary school in Cornwall before becoming a mother.
As well as running a successful business which had 30 employees when it was sold in 1996, I continued to teach, mainly as a peripatetic Welsh teacher. I also  undertook voluntary work as a school governor of Treowen School where my children were pupils and since 1997 I have been a Director of the local Credit Union. I have been a Town Councillor since 2012 and was honoured to be elected Mayor in May.
I believe passionately in the strength of this community and in getting people and organisations working together for the good of Newtown.

No comments:

Post a Comment