Marissa DuBois in Slow Motion Full Fashion Week 2023, Fashion Channel Vlog,

Friday, June 17, 2016

Mayor of Blackpool

Both decisions were ratified at the annual council meeting this afternoon.
In accepting the role of Mayor for 2015/16, Cllr Callow said: "I do feel very lucky to have served the people of Norbreck. They have voted me in each time and I can't thank them enough.
"I'm also very grateful to all of my family who have helped me so much.
For the next year, the Mayor's charity will be the Carers' Trust, which Cllr Callow called "a truly worthwhile cause which I support wholeheartedly and I hope you will too."
Councillor Maxine Callow will take the role of Mayoress for the year, while Cllr Tony Brown and wife Angela will take up the role of Deputy Mayor and Mayoress.
Praise was also reserved for the outgoing Mayor, and retiring councillor, Val Haynes. 
Cllr Martin Mitchell, called her the "Mayor for all seasons and all events" while Cllr Fred Jackson added that residents had "felt a warmth and appreciation towards here."
In response, Val Haynes hailed officers for their support throughout her time as a Mayor and as a councillor. "I would like to give a big thank you to all council officers - not just in the Town Hall but across the whole of the council. Without them I couldn't have had the same support from residents," she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment